John Bohenick To Succeed James Orchard As Dayco CEO

first_img“I am very excited to be joining Dayco. We will continue to execute our strategic initiatives focused on driving to make our customers more successful now and into the future,” said Bohenick. “The Dayco brand name and promise is highly valued worldwide by our customers and I am anxious to work with our 4,300 dedicated associates and global executive leadership team to continue to maximize the performance of the company for our customers, employees and shareholders.” TROY, Mich. – Dayco announced today that John Bohenick has been named to succeed James Orchard as CEO of the company and its principal subsidiaries, effective Sept. 2. Bohenick also has been appointed to the board of managers of the company effective the same date. Orchard will become a special adviser to the board of managers and Bohenick to facilitate an orderly transition of executive leadership through Dec. 31, 2014. Bohenick, for the past four years, has served as president, SKF Sealing Solutions, a business unit of AB SKF, a global leader for design and manufacturing of bearings, seals, lubrication, mechatronics and services. He previously spent 20 years working for Gates Corp. in a variety of leadership roles culminating in being named president. His career also included working for General Motors on powertrain and vehicle systems. “John is a talented and proven global industry executive,” said Orchard. “His leadership and engineering background, along with his focus on product innovation, and passion for the customer make him the ideal CEO to lead Dayco’s worldwide organization.”center_img Richard Newsted, non-executive chairman of the board of managers, said: “On behalf of the company, I would like to thank Jim Orchard for his executive leadership over the past six years. He has been the primary architect of the company’s vision and strategic roadmap, which are the foundation of the company. We wish him much happiness in his next chapter. We also welcome John Bohenick to the company and look forward to his leadership of our talented global team.”  AdvertisementClick Here to Read MoreAdvertisementlast_img read more

Jan De Nul Wins First Lock Construction Contract in The Netherlands

first_imgJan De Nul has just announced that Sas van Vreeswijk (SPC) achieved financial close of the PPS project ‘Construction 3rd lock chamber Princess Beatrix Lock and widening Lek Canal’. Sas van Vreeswijk consists of TDP NV (in partnership with investment companies TINC and DG Infra Yield), BESIX Group NV, RebelValley B.V., Heijmans Nederland B.V. and Jan De Nul NV.The financial close is a key milestone for this project with a net present value of approximately 133 million euro. The project’s financing requirement amounts to approximately 184 million euro.The shareholder capital is supplemented with loans from BNG Bank, DekaBank and KBC Bank. BNG Bank also serves as the agent of the lenders.The DBFM contract was signed by Rijkswaterstaat (the Directorate-General of Public Works and Water Management) and Sas van Vreeswijk on 15 January 2016.Third Lock ChamberRijkswaterstaat aims to improve passage for barges through the Lek Canal near Nieuwegein and to reduce waiting times at the Beatrix Lock.The project includes the construction of a third lock chamber, the renovation of the existing two lock chambers, the widening of the Lek Canal and the construction of lock approaches and berths in the canal.The Lek Canal, which incorporates the Princess Beatrix Lock, connects the Amsterdam Rhine Canal to the Lek River, and is an important waterway between the ports of Rotterdam and Amsterdam.The completion of the construction works is anticipated by 2019, when the 27-year maintenance period will start.[mappress mapid=”21945″]last_img read more

Butler-Sloss condemns advice cuts

first_imgRemoving funding for a service that helps litigants in person on the day wide-ranging legal aid cuts take effect will create ‘absolute disarray’ in the courts, a former head of the family division has warned. The Citizens Advice Bureau at the Royal Courts of Justice assists litigants in person at the High Court, Court of Appeal and Principle Registry. The money it gets to fund the service will end on 1 April, following the Legal Services Commission’s decision to axe Community Legal Service grants. The Advice Services Alliance and Law Centres Network will also lose funding, together saving the government £655,317. On the same day as the grants end, thousands of people will be removed from legal aid eligibility as the cuts in the Legal Aid Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders Act come into effect. This is expected to vastly increase the number of litigants in person. Lady Butler-Sloss (pictured) told the House of Lords yesterday that the RJC CAB did work of ‘significance and importance’. ‘Having been a judge in the court for many years, I had personal experience of the advantages of the bureau looking after unrepresented families in my court,’ she said. She asked if Lord McNally, the legal aid minister, understood that taking away its core funding at this time ‘is going to leave the public and the courts in absolute disarray’. Labour’s former legal aid minister Lord Bach asked McNally why a decision had been taken that would put at risk ‘three highly respected and proven organisations’ that have a ‘superb record’ of helping disadvantaged people get access to justice. He questioned the government’s motives saying: ‘Is it just coincidence that these changes to legal aid are coming at precisely the same time as radical reform of the welfare system is about to begin? ‘Or is it, as seems much more likely to some of us, deliberate government policy to link these two things so that if mistakes are made as a result of welfare reform – as they will be – there will cease to be any effective legal remedy for many people.’ Defending the cut, McNally said the original three-year contracts to the groups had been extended twice, but that the grants were not used to provide direct advice to people who qualify for legal aid and that could no longer be afforded. With a limited budget, he said ‘hard decisions’ had to be made and funding limited to those giving ‘sharp-end’ legal aid advice. ‘Quite simply, the days when large amounts of government funds were available for these bodies are over and we all have to face that fact,’ he said.last_img read more

The Bahamas Suspends National Examinations

first_imgIt said that it was advising students to continue their preparations for “these crucial examinations as they will be held at a later date in accordance with the advice of the competent authority guided by Ministry of Health officials”. Bahamas has recorded 153 confirmed cases of the virus and 11 deaths. “But as a country we have to do what is right and necessary. If we do not take these measures now, we will pay a higher and deadlier price later,” he added. Last Sunday, Minnis said that he understood the “frustration and the disappointment of many Bahamians and residents that may ensue as we re-implement certain restrictions. The Ministry of Education said that Prime Minister Dr. Hubert Minnis had on Sunday announced the lockdown of the island of Grand Bahama until August 7, due to the recent spike in the number of COVID-19 cases.center_img The ministry said that in an effort to ensure the safety of all concerned and to protect the integrity of the national examinations, “the 2020 sitting of the Bahamas Junior Certificate (BJC) and the Bahamas General Certificate of Secondary Education (BGCSE) examinations is temporarily suspended effective immediately until further notice”. NASSAU, Bahamas – The Bahamas has suspended national school examinations following a spike in the number of coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in the country in recent days. CMClast_img read more

Bulldogs survive gritty Generals

first_imgNational U’s Jay-J Alejando. INQUIRER.net FILE PHOTO/TRISTAN TAMAYOJ-Jay Alejandro cashed in on his fastbreak with 16.5 seconds to spare to lift National University to an 87-85 win over the gritty Emilio Aguinaldo College in the 2017 Filoil Flying V Preseason Premier Cup Friday at Filoil Flying V Centre in San Juan.The Bulldogs tracked down Francis Munsayac’s three-point miss late which led to Alejandro skying in for the game-winning lay-up over the diminutive guard late.ADVERTISEMENT The Generals still had their chances in the clutch, but Juju Bautista missed two chances from point-blank as time expired for EAC.Despite the victory, coach Jamike Jarin was far from satisfied with the way NU played.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSEnd of his agony? SC rules in favor of Espinosa, orders promoter heirs to pay boxing legendSPORTSBreak new groundSPORTSMcGregor blasts Cerrone in 40 seconds in UFC return“I’d like to forget that we played well because we didn’t deserve to win. With the way we played, we didn’t deserve to win,” he said. “The reason why the result went to our side is (EAC) got tired. If it was a five-quarter game, we would have won because they would just tire out.”Alejandro paced the Bulldogs with 25 points on a 5-of-8 shooting from threes, to go with nine rebounds, and four assists. Matt Salem added 20 markers and seven boards, while Senegalese big man Issa Gaye had eight points and seven rebounds before fouling out in the fourth quarter.EAC missed the services of Sidney Onwubere, who suffered a sprained right ankle in the second quarter.Jerome Garcia topped the Generals with 16 points, four rebounds, and three steals, while Hamadou Laminou had a double-double of 15 markers, 18 boards, and six blocks in the loss.The Scores:NU 87 – Alejandro 25, Salem 20, Gaye 8, Rangel 8, Yu 6, Abatayo 5, Diputado 4, Galvelo 3, Joson 2, Flores 2, Mosqueda 2, Lastimosa 2, Bartlett 0, Morido 0, Cauilan 0, Go 0, Aquino 0, Sistoza 0.ADVERTISEMENT Ai-Ai delas Alas on Jiro Manio: ‘Sana pinahalagahan niya ang naitulong ko’ Palace: Crisis over ABC-CBN franchise unlikely Bulacan town gears up for biggest cookie jar UST’s Subido to miss UAAP Season 80 For the complete collegiate sports coverage including scores, schedules and stories, visit Inquirer Varsity. MOST READ Panelo: Duterte only wants to emulate strong political will of Marcos Taal Volcano evacuees warned against going home Wildlife rescuers asked to turn over animals to DENR Palace: Crisis over ABC-CBN franchise unlikely View comments Presidency bid needs ‘deep reflection’ – Sara Duterte EAC 85 – Garcia 16, Laminou 15, Munsayac 14, Diego 11, Bautista 7, I. Mendoza 6, Neri 5, Onwubere 4, J. Mendoza 4, Bugarin 2, Guzman 1, Corilla 0, Gonzales 0, Tampoc 0, Pascua 0.Quarters: 15-29, 44-50, 70-65, 87-85. Ex-Bulacan town vice mayor, village chief shot dead Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next LATEST STORIES Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Top Pentagon general: US maintains ‘high levels of readiness’ regarding N. Korea PLAY LIST 01:11Top Pentagon general: US maintains ‘high levels of readiness’ regarding N. Korea01:43Passengers face long queues at Araneta Center Bus Terminal01:29Scientists to harness the sun to break down plastic01:40Filipinos turn Taal Volcano ash, plastic trash into bricks01:32Taal Volcano watch: Island fissures steaming, lake water receding02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respitelast_img read more