Goi said in a statement that Waghi Tumbe is ready to take on the Vipers after a three weeks break on bye.“Over these three weeks, the boys have trained very hard to put up a very competitive game at Murray Barracks Oval on Sunday.“The long weeks on bye has prepared us well in both mental and physical fitness in order to meet the city boys. “And also it’s a good opportunity for the young and inexperienced boys who are purely home grown players to put up a good game against the most experienced boys from the city,” Goi said.He commended his coach Dusty Mokele for redeeming the Tumbes after four consecutive losses from round one. It’s been some good fixtures so far under our new coach.“We have lost very narrowly against a few of the established teams while on other fixtures, we have beaten most established teams with few Kumul players in them,” he added.Goi appealed to the people of Jiwaka and fans of Waghi Tumbe in the city to go and watch the game on Sunday.“We are aware our Jiwakans and diehard fans in Port Moresby have been longing to see Tumbes playing in Port Moresby and now they are here. Either lose or win is not necessarily important, we display a true sportsmanship despite all negatives.“Therefore, we appeal to Jiwakans and fans to come and cheer up for the boys on Sunday,” Goi appealed.
Cafu, a former Brazil captain who led the team to the World Cup title in 2002, said Neymar was not showing enough respect for the armband.“Being captain is a big responsibility,” Cafu said. “It is more than being the team’s star.”Adoration at home has also suffered because of political reasons.Neymar recently showed support for far-right President Jair Bolsonaro, who has made a series of racist, misogynistic and anti-gay statements.Weeks later, as Neymar prepared for his return after the injury, Brazilian media reported his father had met Bolsonaro and Economy Minister Paulo Guedes to discuss the player’s tax problems.The Copa America will mark Neymar’s fourth tournament played at home. He won the 2013 Confederations Cup and the gold medal at the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics, but his team was eliminated in the semifinals of the 2014 World Cup. Neymar was injured and didn’t play in the 7-1 loss to Germans.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next It was another setback for Brazil’s biggest star, who has only played four matches with Paris Saint-Germain since he returned from a broken metatarsal in his right foot on April 27.That was the same injury that slowed his runs and dribbles at last year’s World Cup.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGolden State Warriors sign Lee to multiyear contract, bring back ChrissSPORTSCoronation night?SPORTSThirdy Ravena gets offers from Asia, Australian ball clubsBrazil fitness coach Fabio Mahseredjian had said before the training session that Neymar should be fully recovered after a pair of friendlies against Qatar and Honduras in early June.But on Tuesday, which marked Brazil’s first full training since players started gathering for the South American championship, Neymar had to leave and appeared to be in pain after taking a shot near the end of the session. Solon urges Solgen to reconsider quo warranto petition vs ABS-CBN Pagadian on tighter security for 100,000 expected at Sto. Niño feast The Copa America starts on June 14 with host Brazil facing Bolivia in the opening match at Morumbi Stadium in Sao Paulo. Venezuela and Peru are also in the same group.Brazil’s coaching staff was also optimistic about Neymar’s recovery for the World Cup in Russia, but the striker instead made news for his splashy dives rather than his once frequent dashing performances.Neymar is also heading into the Copa America, a tournament Brazil hasn’t won since 2007, with a disciplinary problem.Besides being been banned for three matches in France after an altercation with a fan following the French Cup final, Neymar also publicly criticized some of his teammates — a move that Brazil coach Tite doesn’t like.In response, Neymar has been replaced as captain by veteran defender Dani Alves. The Brazilian soccer confederation said Tite made the decision on Saturday after a one-on-one conversation with Neymar.ADVERTISEMENT LATEST STORIES LeBron James stretches lead in NBA All-Star Game fan voting Eduard Folayang gets new opponent for ONE Manila card Phivolcs: Slim probability of Taal Volcano caldera eruption Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil Brazil’s soccer player Neymar touches his left knee during a practice session at the Granja Comary training center ahead of the Copa America tournament, in Teresopolis, Brazil, Tuesday, May 28, 2019. (AP Photo/Leo Correa)Neymar had to cut short his first full training session with Brazil ahead of the Copa America after the striker appeared to feel pain in his left knee.The 27-year-old Neymar left the field in the Granja Comary training ground outside Rio de Janeiro on Tuesday alongside doctor Rodrigo Lasmar. Brazil’s football confederation said Neymar had felt “discomfort” in his knee and was being evaluated by the medical staff.ADVERTISEMENT Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard The Witcher series prompts over 500,000 reprints of Andrzej Sapkowski’s books Gretchen Barretto’s daughter Dominique graduates magna cum laude from California college 1, not done: Naomi Osaka avoids French Open upset; Halep wins, too NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption PLAY LIST 02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award03:05Malakanyang bilib sa Phivolcs | Chona Yu MOST READ View comments
Ingwe returned to the top on 37 after their 1-0 win over City Stars on Friday with the Brewers who are away for the CECAFA Club Championships a point adrift in second.Ulinzi’s 1-0 win over Western Stima in their Afraha backyard on Saturday thrust the soldiers to third on 33 same as Sofapaka but with a superior goal difference.Thika United bounced back from their 2-1 loss to Mathare United a weekend ago to salvage a point as they shared spoils in a 1-1 draw with visiting Oserian on Sunday. They are still in the contention for the title though they remain rooted on fifth spot.Gor Mahia are the latest entrant in the chase as they continued their impressive run by completing the double over Chemelil with a 1-0 away win in Nakuru.K’Ogalo are now sixth on 29 which is a colossal improvement since coach Zdravko Logarusic took over as they seek to bounce back and reignite their title hopes.In Naivasha, Karuturi Sports benefited from the shaky Sony Sugar who continued their slice with a 1-0 victory. The Michael Nam boys can now breathe easy despite the ongoing legal tussle over their training grounds.KCB were the biggest winners of the weekend with a 3-0 thumping of new boys Muhoroni Youth as they recovered from their 3-1 loss to Gor a fortnight ago at the same City Stadium grounds. The triumph for the James Omondi lads saw them return to the top ten.Muhoroni dropped to 14th a place above Oserian who have scored the least goals so far, with Rangers who did not feature this weekend still stuck on the basement.ResultsSundayChemelil 0 – 1 Gor MahiaKaruturi Sports 1 – 0 SonySugarKCB 3 – 0 Muhoroni YouthThika United 1 – 1 OserianSaturdayUlinzi Stars 1 – 0 Western StimaFridayAFC Leopards 1 – 0 City StarsWednesdayMathare United 2 – 0 Sofapaka0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000NAIROBI, Kenya, July 16- Title chasing sides took advantage of the absence Kenyan Premier League (KPL) titleholders Tusker FC as AFC Leopards overhauled the Brewers from the summit of the league following the weekend round of fixtures.Ulinzi Stars, the 2010 champions won to move up to third as the side they supplanted from the title, Sofapaka missed out on the chance to stay in touch after going down to Mathare United in midweek.
The Czech Republic international has kept seven clean sheets in the league this term, the joint-most, while the Gunners boast the second best defensive record.Speaking to Arsenal Player, Walcott said: “He’s changed us completely in that back four. He’s a talker, he believes in us all.“That’s why he wanted to join us and having that presence behind you is always nice. He’s very commanding, he’s a leader in the dressing room as well.“From when we signed him, we all knew how good he was [after] what he achieved at Chelsea.”0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000AFP/File / by Steven Griffiths | Arsenal’s Czech goalkeeper Petr Cech thanks the fans after the UEFA Champions League Group F second-leg football match between FC Bayern Munich and Arsenal FC in Munich, southern Germany, on November 4, 2015LONDON, August 16- Arsenal forward Theo Walcott believes the acquisition of former Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech has completely changed Arsenal’s defence.In Saturday’s 2-0 win over Aston Villa, Cech equalled David James’ all-time Premier League record of 169 clean sheets, which he achieved in 223 fewer appearances.
The District has to have the annual report prepared before June 30th each year and it must also be made available to the public at least 14 days before holding an Annual General Meeting. Staff has presented they hold the AGM meeting on June 5, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. This would make sure that the report is available for public inspection no later than May 19, 2017.- Advertisement – TAYLOR, B.C. – The District of Taylor has identified their goals and objectives for 2018.Staff with the District have made a list of objectives for 2018. They aim to align with Council’s strategic priorities. They are as follows:We will enhance our safe and welcoming communityConnecting with walking paths, roads, and trails that are clear and accessibleGood air and water qualityVibrant information centreKids getting to school safelyAppropriate protective services are maintainedIncreased use of recreational facilities (from patrons within and outside the community)Welcoming new residentsObjective for 2018: Develop and implement a Street Lighting Plan for the communitySuccess Measure for 2018: To have plan considered and then adopted by Council We will encourage responsible and sustainable community growth by:Building healthy financial reservesFiscal responsibility (balanced budget)Positive community brand (especially with realtors/developers)Relevant bylawsInvestment readyMore building lots readyBusiness expansion and retentionObjective for 2018: Relevant bylaws are reviewed and updated if necessarySuccess measure for 2018: Continuous improvement is shown through the bylaw review process We will maintain a broad funding base by:Fair shareServices and user feesGrant fundingDonationsIndustrial taxesResidential taxesObjective for 2018: Establish a Peace River Agreement Policy that outlines the District’s philosophy and objectivesSuccess Measure for 2018: To have Policy adopted by Council
Dave Stevens joins the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast to round up the latest sporting odds.The Coral spokesman looks ahead to Thursday night’s Euro 2016 qualifiers, with Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland and Scotland all in action.Northern Ireland can book their spot at next summer’s finals by beating Greece at home and they are 6/4 for the victory.The Scots are 19/10 to beat Poland as they bid to keep alive their slim hopes of qualification but come up against a formidable striker in Robert Lewandowski, who is 25/1 to hit a hat-trick.The Republic of Ireland, meanwhile, take on Germany and they are 6/1 for a win which would clinch a play-off spot.Coral is the official betting partner of the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast
BALDWIN PARK – A city ban of certain businesses from the downtown area has some merchants worried about their livelihood. The Baldwin Park ordinance took effect Friday and forbids new businesses, including auto repair shops, pawn shops and manufacturing establishments, from opening downtown. The ban affects about 120 acres along Ramona Boulevard as far north as Los Angeles Street and as far west as Baldwin Park Boulevard, city officials said. Robert Ehlers, who owns a company that restores alternators, said the regulation has already made leasing out his rental property difficult. “I have one rental building just sitting there. I have had at least six people who wanted it but the city wouldn’t give me a conditional use permit because they say auto shops are dirty, oily,” Ehlers said.”Who are we supposed to rent our buildings to and how are we supposed to pay our mortgage?” City officials maintain they are not trying to put people out of business but are trying to implement their vision of a downtown urban village. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREWhy these photogenic dumplings are popping up in Los Angeles“Eighty years ago, Baldwin Park was chicken farms and barns and was not in the best of interest of the city. At some point, there had to be a change and that’s where we are at now,” said Councilman Anthony Bejarano. “We are looking at our future and community for our kids and grandkids, and it’s a difficult decision we have to make. All we can do is hope to improve the community.” City Attorney Stephanie Sher assured business owners at Wednesday’s council meeting that the ordinance only affects new businesses. “Only new establishments are not permitted under the ordinance,” Sher said. “You can still use your buildings for what they were intended for.” Joe Seay, who owns a 21-unit industrial complex, said if the ban only affects new businesses he would not have had trouble leasing vacancies in his buildings. “I had a person who was going to open a woodwork business in one of our units, so we sent him to the city for a permit. He got a verbal approval, but a few days later the planner said no permit was available because the city had passed a new ordinance,” Seay, 53, said. Councilman David Olivas said the law may need to be altered. “We want to offer a place to dine and shop and in a sense have a diversity of uses,” he said. “Right now downtown doesn’t invite people to dine here or entertain here and that won’t happen if we maintain the same lax businesses. But maybe we can tweak the ordinance to work for everyone.” firstname.lastname@example.org (626) 962-8811, Ext. 2109160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
1 Getty Xavi will be bring a winning mentality to the club after bagging eight LaLiga titles, four Champions League trophies and a World Cup in a hugely successful career.He will replace Jesualdo Ferreira as Al Sadd head coach at the start of next season. Barcelona legend Xavi has been appointed head coach of Qatari club Al Sadd.The 39-year-old spent the last four years of his career at Al Sadd before retiring at the end of the 2018/19 season. 🚨 OFFICIAL: #Xavi Hernandez will take over as the head coach of #AlSadd from the beginning of the next season!#Qatar https://t.co/FvSOTLqyQp— AlSadd S.C | نادي السد (@AlsaddSC) May 28, 2019Announcing his retirement from playing football earlier this month, the Spaniard revealed his philosophy would mirror legendary manager Johan Cruyff’s style.Xavi said: “This is my last season as a player, but I’m looking forward to seeing what the future holds for me as a coach.“My philosophy as a coach reflects the style we developed for many years under the influence of Johan Cruyff and La Masia, and that has its greatest exponent in the way of playing football in Barcelona.“I love seeing the teams take the initiative in the field, play attacking football and return to the essence of what we all love since our childhood days – football possession.” Xavi played under Pep Guardiola in Barcelona’s trophy-winning side
“Who knows? Obviously our argument is weakened based on a semi-final,” he said.“But I think a cup final is there for people to enjoy. We’ve always brought plenty for a cup final.“Our semi-final crowd has normally been what it was today, regardless of what was issued. We still get almost 11,000 fans down from Aberdeen in a semi-final on a Sunday, which is not bad shooting. That’s the way it’s always been, to be honest.“But for cup finals, obviously we’re looking for a lot more. Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes saw his side set up a League Cup final showdown with Celtic and then said the club should be given plenty of tickets for the showpiece occasion.Over 10,000 Dons fans saw Lewis Ferguson score the goal that knocked Rangers out and put Aberdeen in the final but the club had failed to sell their full allocation for the national stadium after a ticket row with the SPFL.Following the semi-final draw, Aberdeen had demanded an increase on their initial allocation of 16,800 and were granted another 3,500 tickets. However, with just over 9,000 sold ten days before the match against Rangers, the SPFL took back 5,000 tickets for resale.McInnes accepted that could dent hopes of being handed a larger share for December’s game but he said that historically there woudl be more fans keen to see the final and that the club would be “looking for a lot more”. “Who knows? I don’t really want to get into this argument at the minute but I’m sure if we get a 50/50 split then plenty of people will want to see Aberdeen compete in a final again.”