So now what? Well, there are those, such as a couple of rival agency bosses I spoke to this week, who believe the deal is going to do little other than make two “small agencies slightly less small”.But whatever the whys and wherefores of the deal, now is the time to look to the future.As we were told this week, Martin will take up the role of BNP PRE’s UK boss, while industry veteran Slade is yet to agree a role. For this deal to be considered a success five years down the line, it is crucial Slade is found a position where he can drive BNP PRE’s expansion in Europe and beyond.Nearly two years ago, Property Week’s editor Liz Hamson sat down for lunch with Slade. During lunch, while he ate lobster and she tucked into a steak, he said he was on a mission to develop BNP PRE into a top-five UK agency.While the Strutts takeover has boosted BNP PRE’s position in the agency league, the firm is still only in seventh place and would need to add £120m or so to its revenues to seize fifth spot from Knight Frank. More investment will be required to make that happen, a lot more.The numbersFollowing BNP Paribas Real Estate’s PRE’s (BNP PRE’s) takeover of Strutt & Parker, announced earlier this week, the new combined entity will boast a combined UK revenue of just over £180m, making it the UK’s seventh largest agency. This would place it ahead of Capita Property and Infrastructure, Deloitte Real Estate and Colliers International, but £6m behind GVA, according to Property Week’s Agency 2017 survey. The deal is expected to complete in late September.If BNP PRE can hold onto Slade and give him a role in the wider international business, it could benefit the UK business as much as the group. In today’s real estate market, having a global presence is a big plus. Firms with offices across the world are best placed to land mandates from big international companies.Considering that 99% of its revenues are generated in Europe, BNP PRE is not a truly global firm by any stretch of the imagination, but there is no reason it can’t be if its owners at the French banking giant give it the support to venture across a few oceans, both east and west, in search of some really big fish.And who knows, Slade could catch his own lobster dinner on his travels.Are the Tories ‘borrowing’ from Labour again?When trawling through the 29,798 words of the Conservative Manifesto published ahead of that pointless election earlier this summer, I noticed something was missing. It was three little words: ‘Help to Buy’.So it should come as little surprise to those of us who like to count the words in dull political documents that the Tories are considering an overhaul of the policy.Whatever the government decides to do with the scheme, it needs to come up with something that encourages far more homes to be built, not just in the tens of thousands, but in the hundreds of thousands – and fast. Then it won’t have to create an artificial market because more homes means lower prices for those who need to buy or rent them. How can that be so hard to figure out?
To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
Oct 16, 2020 Considering the local situation, Minister of Public Health, Volda Lawrence, said the ministry will continue to plead with all Guyanese to intensify efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19 by practising social distancing, staying at home, wearing face masks and regularly and thoroughly washing hands. Share this:PrintTwitterFacebookLinkedInLike this:Like Loading… Health authorities have tested some 2,889 persons to date, with 2,611 of those persons being negative and 278 positive. Of the positive cases, some 121 persons have recovered and 16 persons have died, but there are 152 active cases of which 142 are in institutional isolation and ten in the COVID-19 Intensive Care Unit (ICU). You may be interested in… The latest COVID-19 victim was a 76-year-old woman. It is unclear when she contracted the disease or whether she was in the COVID-19 Intensive Care Unit (ICU), but Portsmouth became the fourth person to die from the disease in one week. Six Eastern Caribbean countries deemed safe for travel – CDC COVID-19 Update Guyana: 19 test positive in last 24 hoursGUYANA has seen an alarming increase in the number of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases over the past few days, and it was no different over the past 24 hours, as the country recorded 19 new cases within that time. Those cases were found following 143 tests, which were done between…July 28, 2020In “General”More COVID-19 recoveries, deaths in CARICOM Member StatesSeveral CARICOM Member States are recording more deaths from the COVID-19 global pandemic. While some patients who were diagnosed with the virus have recovered and have been discharged from hospitals in some countries, Jamaica, Guyana and Trinidad and Tobago have recorded more deaths from the disease. On Wednesday 1 April,…April 1, 2020In “CARICOM”Guyana records 8 new cases of COVID-19There continues to be a consistent increase in the number of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases, and the past 24 hours was no different, as authorities recorded eight new cases. Health authorities have so far tested 3,379 persons, with 3,071 being negative and 308 testing positive for COVID-19.Of the positive cases,…July 15, 2020In “General”Share this on WhatsApp Oct 16, 2020 Oct 15, 2020 CMO says Saint Lucia at critical stage of COVID-19 outbreak More deaths from COVID-19 recorded in CARICOM countries,… Oct 15, 2020 St. Lucia records more cases of COVID The Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) death toll in Guyana continues to climb, as the country lost another person to the deadly disease, on Sunday.
Fire chiefs salute at the East Hampton 9/11 Memorial in 2019.Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, first responders and the public still plan to remember the lives lost in the September 11 terrorist attacks, albeit in smaller gatherings.East Hampton TownThe East Hampton Town Chiefs Association, made up of fire chiefs from the departments that serve the town, will hold its annual 9/11 Memorial in the shadow of the Hook Mill in East Hampton Village on Friday at 6 p.m. Kevin O’Brien Jr., Sag Harbor Fire Department’s first assistant chief who serves as president of the organization, said fire, police and ambulance chiefs have been asked to limit the number of members they bring to three because of the pandemic. Usually there are at least a dozen from each department in attendance, dressed in their Class A uniforms on the solemn occasion. Executive orders in place due to the pandemic limit gatherings to no more than 50 people.“It is a public park so I don’t think I can keep the public from coming,” O’Brien said. “We will ask that the public follows all COVID-19 precautions,” which include face coverings and social distancing.Chiefs will place memorial wreaths following the shorter than usual service, led by a chaplain.SouthamptonFire Departments in Southampton Town are planning to blow their fire whistles to remember the pivotal moments on 9/11, such as when the Towers were hit by the hijacked planes.Meanwhile, the Southampton Fire Department will gather Friday morning at the Hampton Road firehouse for a short ceremony between 8:15 and 8:30 a.m. The department chaplains will speak, and a wreath will be placed at the 9/11 Memorial in front of the firehouse. The public is welcome to attend, but must wear a mask, Chief Anthony Stevens said.North SeaThe North Sea Community Association will host its annual remembrance at the North Sea Community House, starting at 8:30 a.m.FlandersA short service will be held at Memorial Park in Flanders, located off Flanders Road, at 6:30 p.m. The Flanders Fire Department will conduct a short ceremony and set flowers at the monument. The public welcome to attend.RiversideA 9/11 Survivor Tree Planting Ceremony will take place on the grounds of the Suffolk County Sheriff’s office and jail in Riverside on Friday morning at 10 a.m. Suffolk County Sheriff Errol D. Toulon Jr. and John Feal of the FealGood Foundation will plant a callery pear tree, which became known as the “Survivor Tree” after the attacks at the World Trade Center, in honor of men and women who lost their lives 19 years ago.“Each year, the 9/11 Memorial gives seedlings from the Survivor Tree to three communities so they can nurture them for future generations as a symbol of survival and the triumph over tragedy,” the sheriff’s office said, after being selected this year.Current and retired members of the Suffolk County Sheriff’s office who responded to the recovery effort at Ground Zero will be present for the ceremony. While the public cannot attend, the ceremony will be live streamed on Facebook Live.Southold TownThe annual 9/11 ceremony at Cochran Park in Peconic will take place at 6:30 p.m. Hosted by the Southold Town Fire Chief’s Council, firefighters from the North Fork departments will take part in the ceremony by placing a wreath, saying a prayer and giving a email@example.com Share
Subscribe Get instant access to must-read content today!To access hundreds of features, subscribe today! At a time when the world is forced to go digital more than ever before just to stay connected, discover the in-depth content our subscribers receive every month by subscribing to gasworld.Don’t just stay connected, stay at the forefront – join gasworld and become a subscriber to access all of our must-read content online from just $270.
Get instant access to must-read content today!To access hundreds of features, subscribe today! At a time when the world is forced to go digital more than ever before just to stay connected, discover the in-depth content our subscribers receive every month by subscribing to gasworld.Don’t just stay connected, stay at the forefront – join gasworld and become a subscriber to access all of our must-read content online from just $270. Subscribe
AWE Limited reports that as at 06:00 hours (6.00am NZDT) today, the Pateke-4H development well was at a measured depth of 1,507 metres and 13 3/8 inch casing had been run and cemented with the casing shoe set at 1,504 metres.The subsea tree has been successfully installed, pressure tested and function tested.The Blow Out Preventer (BOP) is currently being run and will be tested before drilling of the next section commences. Preparations are being made for drilling a 12 ¼ inch section to a TD of 4,100 metres.The Pateke-4H development well is in PMP 38158 and AWE is the Operator. Located in the offshore Taranaki Basin, New Zealand, PMP 38158 contains the Tui, Amokura and Pateke fields and has been producing since 2007.Pateke-4H is targeting a mapped northern extension of the currently producing Pateke field. The well is being drilled in water depth of approximately 124m with a planned total measured depth of 5,361m, including a 1,272m horizontal section. If successful, the well will be completed for subsequent tie-back to the Tui FPSO (“Umuroa”) for production in 2015.Press Release, February 25, 2014
Nikkiso Cryo, Inc., a supplier of submerged motor liquefied gas pumps, has purchased the Atlas Copco JC Carter business located in Costa Mesa, California, USA.Atlas Copco JC Carter has about 35 employees, some of which will be transferred to Nikkiso Cryo, and some will remain with Atlas Copco. The business was part of Atlas Copco’s Gas and Process division within the Compressor Technique business area, the company said in a statement.The transaction includes assets, commercial rights, engineering, technology, patents and licenses for the JC Carter cryogenic pump business, but does not include existing contracts, it added.[mappress mapid=”16774″]
Stay at the forefront of thought leadership with news and analysis from award-winning journalists. Enjoy company features, CEO interviews, architectural reviews, technical project know-how and the latest innovations.Limited access to building.co.ukBreaking industry news as it happensBreaking, daily and weekly e-newsletters To continue enjoying Building.co.uk, sign up for free guest accessExisting subscriber? LOGIN Subscribe now for unlimited access Get your free guest access SIGN UP TODAY Subscribe to Building today and you will benefit from:Unlimited access to all stories including expert analysis and comment from industry leadersOur league tables, cost models and economics dataOur online archive of over 10,000 articlesBuilding magazine digital editionsBuilding magazine print editionsPrinted/digital supplementsSubscribe now for unlimited access.View our subscription options and join our community
A total of 100 pupils from Easter Peak and Silverstream primary schools enjoyed a Christmas-themed end-of-year party, thanks to an organisation called Guardian Angel Educational Environmental Entrepreneurial Intrapreneurial Network (GAEEEIN). The children are all part of the Tunnel Project, which is being piloted at the two schools, aimed at children who are at risk. The organisation partnered with the University of the Western Cape’s third-year social work students on the project. Founder of GAEEEIN, Christol Moses, said its philosophy is to teach pupils that hard work and commitment would result in them earning their rewards. The reward was being invited to the event, which was held on Friday November 30 at Silverstream Primary’s hall. They enjoyed a sumptuous lunch, sweet treats, and each of them received a gift. Youth enrolled in GAEEEIN’s programme of “pay it forward” entertained the pupils by dressing up as clowns and Father Christmas, and dancing and doing face painting for them.