Staff Changes Announced At ASE And ASE Education Foundation

first_imgAdvertisementClick Here to Read MoreAdvertisementASE and the ASE Education Foundation have announced the following staff changes effective Jan. 1. After seven years of leading the Education Foundation, Trish Serratore has decided to transition to part-time status and will move back to ASE as senior vice president of communications. ASE Senior Vice President Mike Coley will take over her position as president of the ASE Education Foundation.A 30-year veteran of ASE, Serratore will be responsible for company communications and will advance awareness about ASE and its value and purpose through industry, consumer and governmental interface.“We are glad to have Trish back on the ASE side. Her longtime experience in the industry and most recently with the Foundation are key to our future initiatives,” said Tim Zilke, ASE president and CEO.Coley has been with ASE for more than 20 years, serving in several capacities, including overseeing the ASE Test Development department. He has both engineering and MBA degrees and previously taught automotive service technology part-time at the local community college.“These changes play to the strengths of our staff. Mike brings a wealth of knowledge and operational experience to the Foundation position,” added Zilke.In other recent staff changes at ASE, Allison Guth, vice president, finance, will now also oversee ASE information technology functions.  John Tisdale has been named assistant vice president, special testing programs and Dave Milne has been named assistant vice president, traditional testing programs.AdvertisementFor more information about ASE, visit the website at ase.com.last_img read more

UN concerned over Mali insecurity, regrets peace deal delays

first_imgUN sanctions to befall those obstructing Mali’s 2015 peace deal Mali Peace Deal: Peace Deal Raises Hopes of Stability. UN peacekeepers killed in Malicenter_img Getty ImagesThe United Nations peacekeeping chief has expressed concern over the increasing number of attacks in Mali by armed insurgents, against a backdrop of continued delays in implementing the 2015 peace agreement.While briefing the Security Council, the Under-Secretary-General for Peacekeeping Operations, Jean-Pierre Lacroix, noted recent positive developments, including the successful presidential vote, which highlighted the “political maturity of the Malian people as well as the commitment of the political leaders to the democratic process”.He however expressed regret over continued delays in getting interim authorities up and running, advancing the National Reconciliation Charter, implementing key institutional reforms – such as changes in the security sector or the constitution – and moving ahead with the demobilization, disarmament and reintegration process.Conflict in northern Mali started in 2012, but the security situation remains volatile with an increased number of incidents in 2018, in particular in the central parts of the country. In the latest incident, five peacekeepers from Chad were injured during attacks.According to the UN, MINUSMA has for many months now been the most dangerous place in the world to serve as a ‘blue helmet’.“I want to share with the Security Council that I am extremely concerned with the security situation,” Lacroix said, noting that July, August and September were the deadliest months since the peacekeeping operation, MINUSMA, was established in 2013. Close to 300 civilians died in targeted attacks.In addition to limiting humanitarian access, violence has also worsened the living conditions of millions of women, children and men. According to the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), about 5.2 million people – one in four Malians – are now estimated to be in dire need of assistance.As the country prepares for parliamentary elections, Mr. Lacroix said this will be “a new test” to measure the “cohesion of political leaders and Malian society and an important step for the consolidation of democratic institutions.”“I call on the Government and the opposition to engage in constructive political dialogue, based on inclusivity, keeping in mind the national interest,” he said, adding that he hopes these upcoming elections will provide an occasion to “build a more representative parliament by promoting candidacies of young people and women”.He commended the composition of the new administration which, in line with Malian law, is composed of 30 per cent women.Relatedlast_img read more

UIL hands Infante suspension, public reprimand

first_img Share RelatedAfter one year, Infante steps downBy DINA ARÉVALO Port Isabel-South Padre Press [email protected] After just one year on the job, Point Isabel ISD Athletic Director and Head Football Coach Jaime Infante has decided to step down. News of Infante’s resignation broke late on Thursday, May 10. Superintendent Dr. Lisa Garcia confirmed the news at last week’s…May 25, 2018In “News”Infante named new Tarpon head coachBy DINA ARÉVALO Port Isabel-South Padre Press [email protected] By unanimous vote, the Port Isabel School Board of Trustees appointed Jamie Infante to be the new Tarpon athletic coordinator and head football coach during a regular meeting of the board Tuesday evening. Infante comes to Port Isabel from a former rival school…February 24, 2017In “News”District names new athletic directorBy DINA ARÉVALO Port Isabel-South Padre Press [email protected] The Port Isabel Tarpons have found their new athletic director and head football coach — the second in as many years. During a special meeting held Monday, the Point Isabel School Board of Trustees unanimously approved the hiring of Jason Strunk, formerly of…June 8, 2018In “News” By DINA ARÉVALOPort Isabel-South Padre [email protected] University Interscholastic League (UIL) State Executive Committee (SEC) has handed down a one-year suspension and public reprimand of former Tarpon Athletic Director and Head Football Coach Jaime Infante. The public censure also includes a 3-year probationary period.The SEC reached the decision by a unanimous 9-0 vote during their first meeting of the academic year on Tuesday, Aug. 7. Infante’s reprimand was one of five such discussions on potential disciplinary action the SEC was set to hear that day from coaches and educators across the state.Infante stepped down as Point Isabel ISD’s athletic director in May, submitting a letter of resignation on May 11, Superintendent Dr. Lisa Garcia said at the time. A week later, Infante was in Orange Grove for a meeting with the UIL District 16-4A Executive Committee to discuss two violations of off-season regulations he had self-reported to the UIL, which oversees interschool athletic and academic activities.The District 16-4A executive committee issued a public reprimand for the violations, which Infante described as “pretty standard for that type of infraction,” during an interview with the PRESS in late May.“I don’t want to get into the details of it,” Infante said. “It wasn’t team practices; we weren’t out running plays or anything of that nature,” he said in May.The PRESS has since learned the two violations occurred in two separate years — the first on Wednesday, April 5, 2017, and the second on Tuesday, April 24 of this year.Want the whole story? Pick up a copy of the Port Isabel-South Padre Press, or subscribe to our E-Edition by clicking here.last_img read more